Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wedding & Pie

First things first.

Happy Birthday Kristen!
Today is my sister's birthday. She is seriously one of the best people I know in the entire world. I miss you, sis. I hope you have a good day. You deserve it. 
Love you!


Pie Quest

Chelsea, Amarisse & I periodically go on pie quests. We just decide that it has been far too long without consuming pie, so we go find pie and eat it. Today, we did exactly that. We met up around 10am at the Express Bus Terminal ( 고속터미널 ) in Seoul. We began the morning with coffee & tea, and naturally, we moved on to the main event, PIE. We paid Lazy Mama's Pie a visit, selected some delicious pie, and feasted on the ledge of a fountain. After we finished indulging ourselves, we explored the book store in the Sinsaegae Mall that is right there. It was a pretty great book store. We looked at video games, magazines, little metal puzzle games, stationary & much much more. After this part of my day was completed, I headed back to Suwon to prepare for the big event of the day.

IMG_0182
( Lazy Mama's )

IMG_0185
( My pie consumption )

IMG_0186
( Chelsea )

IMG_0189
( Amarisse )




Andy & Arum's Wedding!


IMG_0251

When I arrived home from the pie quest, I was super rushed with far too many things to do. I give myself ridiculous goals in short periods of time. In the two hours I had to spare before needing to head towards the taxi stand with Justin, I really wanted to do make a wedding card, post a blog update, shower, drink coffee & eat food. I managed to complete all of the above except eating dinner, but after all was said and done, I was going to a wedding equipped with a buffet. Everything worked out just fine. We had no problem getting out to the wedding by simply showing the cab driver our invitation and saying Ingyedong. It only took about 15 minutes to get out there.

The wedding was actually quite beautiful. It was short and sweet. Andy's pal James actually officiated the wedding. Seeing as though they have been married for a few months already, they had no need for a real minister to perform the ceremony. It was nice that they had a friend running the show on their day. He has known them since the beginning of their relationship, so it really seemed right. The crowd at the wedding hall was relatively small, so it made the whole event seem a little more intimate. I really enjoyed this wedding.

IMG_0194
( our centerpiece )

IMG_0196
( Korean wedding buffets are fancy. )

IMG_0199
( Andy awaiting his bride )

IMG_0216
( prepping the flower twins )

IMG_0226
( Arum and her mother )

IMG_0231
( walking down the aisle to Miles Davis  playing Time After Time )

IMG_0232
( having a laugh )

IMG_0235
( the vows )

IMG_0244
( the rings )

IMG_0255
( James )

IMG_0257
( Myself & Andy )

IMG_0262
( a little out of place, but a kid holding a beer )

IMG_0264
( Myself & Arum )

IMG_0265
( Arum enjoying herself )

IMG_0267
( Andy doing the same )

IMG_0276
( Arum )

Andy & Arum,
I'm so incredibly happy for the two of you! You make perfect sense together. I wish for you both a long and happy life together. Thanks for including me on your special day.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. It is really awesome that you wrote those nice words for us. We are happy to be able to include you.

    Andy and Arum

    ReplyDelete